Monday, July 17, 2006

A very busy few days.

No posts since Thursday, oh dear.

Had a very busy few days., for a change.

Friday spent most of the day plating and sowing on the allotment, must get some photos, as its finally looking like an allotment now, with plants growing (other than weeds).

Saturday spent the day in Barnsley for the Carnival, great day, but far to hot, some of the kids got a little burned, even I caught the sun.

Sunday took the cockerells back to the breeder as agreed to swap for two hens (I think one is a cock, but not related to the girls), Rosie came with us and instantly fell in love with the donkey and the sheep.
Then it was off to Barnsley to fit Bobs new radiators, an hour in their huge garden, what a waste, no veg, no animals, I'd love their garden.
Then back to Pontefract for the licorice Festival, not as good as previous years, so off to the historic Vechical show, not as good as an agricultural show but still good, even though Andy wouldn't let me buy the small plough I wanted.

Back home we made a mini pond with the plants I brought for the duck pond, but didn't use when we realised that the ducks would eat them, so now we have a mini container pond in the back garden, pictures to follow.

Ants, argh I hate ants, they were flying so it was all bantams on deck to eat them quick, they did a great job and must have polished off several hundred from 4 nests in the garden.

And then just when it was all calming down, one of the new hens decided to try out swimming, she just jumped into the duck pond, luckily I was able to help her out, whilst getting covered in dirty pond water myself.

No comments: